Re: Convert Graphics3D to Graphics2D. Is it possible?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg103961] Re: Convert Graphics3D to Graphics2D. Is it possible?
- From: dr DanW <dmaxwarren at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 23:22:22 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I had thought that you could use FullGraphics to get the coordinates of axes lines and tick marks, then write a function to project the coordinates of the function points, axes, tick marks, etc, onto a plane and redraw as 2D graphics. Alas, FullGraphics does not work on Graphics3D objects. Perhaps there is another way to crack into the underlying OpenGL structure, but I cannot find it. You may have to work with bitmaps. It is my understanding that publishers like to work with large TIFF files anyway (memory is no object to them.) Daniel