How to format Superscript and Subscript for a symbol to the same vertical level??
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg104217] How to format Superscript and Subscript for a symbol to the same vertical level??
- From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
- Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 02:38:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
I wanted to write something like Superscript[Subscript[x, 1], 2] but have
the "2" and the "1" appear on the symbol x without one being pushed forward
more than the other.
This is trivial to do in latex, but gave up trying to do it in Mathematica.
I am actually trying to use Mathematica more to type set some math inside a
Text cell, and the above is one problem I find. I actually use the keyboard
and type Ctrl9 to open a math cell inside the text cell and type
x Ctrl ^2 spacebar Ctrl _1
and I get
when I want
I looked the all the Palettes also that come with Mathematica 7, but do not
see such a pattern to use?
Prev by Date:
Re: FromAdjacencyMatrix / FromAdjacencyLists - broken? Workaround?
Next by Date:
Re: DAE system
Previous by thread:
Symbolic matrix algebra - Sumopack
Next by thread:
Re: How to format Superscript and Subscript for a symbol to the same vertical level??