RE: How to format Superscript and Subscript for a symbol to the same vertical level??

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104254] RE: [mg104217] How to format Superscript and Subscript for a symbol to the same vertical level??
  • From: Richard Hofler <rhofler at bus.ucf.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 01:06:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Nasser,

You'll likely get a number of replies with the same answer: use one of =
the palettes in Mathematica 7.

For example,

(1) Basic Math Assistant palette, Typesetting, click on the first tab =
from the left. You'll see a button that does what you want.
(2) Writing Assistant palette: same steps

You can also do the same thing with the keyboard.

x,  Ctrl-6, 2, Ctrl-5, 1

I hope this helps.

Richard Hofler