Re: ToExpression[..,TexForm] does not seem to work on some Latex commands?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104393] Re: [mg104351] ToExpression[..,TexForm] does not seem to work on some Latex commands?
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 02:18:26 -0500 (EST)

Thanks, I can then only assume that this was a bug in version 7.0.0 and it
was fixed in 7.0.1

my system says:

"7.0 for Microsoft Windows (32-bit) (November 10, 2008)"

rant about version numbers follows:

Interesting that $Version prints 7.0 on my system like it does on yours
below, but the date is different, mine says nov 10 2008 and yours says
"February 19, 2009".

I assume then you knew, somehow, from the date shown on your end that this
is 7.0.1? It would have been nice if the version number would also have
changed/updated to reflect this and not just the date!

I noticed for sometime that WRI have something about showing version
numbers, it is almost impossible to find what version numbers some of their
products are at for some reason.

For example, I spent sometime the other day trying to find exactly what
version number is the current Mathematica at, and I could not.

I think it is 7.0.2, or 7.2.0,  but I am guessing as there is no place on
WRI web site which says anything about this.

If any one knows where to find this info, please let me know, as I'd like to
keep my Mathematica version number page correct here

http://12000.org/my_notes/compare_mathematica/index.htm

--Nasser