Re: Quit Kernel when using Manipulate crashes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103047] Re: Quit Kernel when using Manipulate crashes
  • From: Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 05:36:55 -0400 (EDT)

Bruno Silva wrote:
> Whenever I use Manipulate and quit local kernel, Mathematica quits (and
> often I lost unsaved inputs).
> Does anyone have an idea of what may be wrong in my procedure?
> (I'm working with Ubuntu)

I'm working in CentOS and I sometimes see the same thing, but not always
-- sometimes quitting the local kernel will keep the frontend running,
sometimes the whole application will instantly disappear, even if there
are unsaved notebooks open, suggesting a crash.

It happens often enough that I avoid quitting kernels, but I haven't
been able to find a reproducible case.

  San Jose, CA, USA && 37 18 N 121 57 W && AIM/Y!M/Skype erikmaxfrancis
   Nothing is so good it lasts eternally
    -- Florence, _Chess_