Re: Produce PDFs of Documentation notebooks?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103279] Re: Produce PDFs of Documentation notebooks?
  • From: Tyler <hayes.tyler at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 07:27:04 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for the help. I knew about Filenames, but didn't know about
NotebookOpen[] et al. If you can believe it, I plan on making the PDFs
for hardcopies as well as for the search feature for the entire
document. Sadly, I'm one of the few persons on the planet that doesn't
own a printer. And, to this day, I've not found a copy shop that has
Mathematica Player handy to print the Notebooks directly.

As for Wolfram not having the documents all in PDFs, I can live with
that. To be honest, my only pet peeve is that when I contacted them
about the problem with *their own* application package documentation
using the deprecated Help Browser, that they said they were trying to
address this and would keep me posted. Just doesn't demonstrate much
leadership to third party developers to switch to the Documentation
Centre method when they don't even do it! And yet, David Park managed
to get it done for his Presentations package....

Anyways, thanks again.

t.