Re: if using Mathematica to solve an algebraic problem
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg109093] Re: if using Mathematica to solve an algebraic problem
- From: Richard Fateman <fateman at cs.berkeley.edu>
- Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 23:00:38 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
what students learn in calculus class vs. what is taught.. See this http://www.maa.org/columns/launchings/launchings_04_07.html which suggests that many students who take calculus in high school not only do not get college credit for it, but the placement exam puts them into a pre-calculus college class.