Re: cant free ram..
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg109266] Re: cant free ram..
- From: "Alexey Popkov" <lehin.p at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 05:48:53 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
"ValeX" <rjovale at gmail.com> ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ: news:hqh9i9$eo3$1 at smc.vnet.net... > is it that maybe i've got to clear some specific place other than the > history and Global? Yes. The internal memory management in Mathematica is far from that is expected. The only way to avoid this (as I know) is to use the MathLink and NETLink. It is possible to control the memory usage of working MathKernel by another MathKernel (that may be called as MasterKernel). The MasterKernel just commands WorkingKernel to evaluate some command and then saves the result. If the memory used by WorkingKernel is larger that you want the MasterKernel terminates the WorkingKernel and starts another WorkingKernel with new command. If you are interested in details I can explain more. Alexey Popkov