Re: How to disable Integrate[] ?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg109483] Re: How to disable Integrate[] ?
  • From: "Christoph Lhotka" <christoph.lhotka at>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 02:53:27 -0400 (EDT)

if it is a matter of Simplifiy use

Simplifiy[...., ExcludedForms->{Integrate[__,_]}]

if you want prevent Mathematica trying to evaluate an integral I usually
change the head to something, which Mathematica will not try to evaluate:

Once you found a simpler form of expr, or something else, you can again
use something like

... /. IntegrateH->Integrate

to tell Mathematica for trying it again.