Custom dialog during evaluation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111684] Custom dialog during evaluation
  • From: Nate Dudenhoeffer <dudenhoeffer at wisc.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 03:55:49 -0400 (EDT)

I would like to have a custom dialog appear while an evaluation is in
progress (maybe even add that familiar spinning flower).  I know it is easy
for an experienced user to see when Mathematica is working, but this would
help novice users who use some of my notebooks.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to do this?  I can use CreateDialog, but
how do I close the dialog when the evaluation is done?  DialogReturn only
seems to work if it is contained in the dialog, and if the entire evaluation
is contained in the CreateDialog, then the dialog doesn't appear until the
evaluation is complete.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nate