Re: Suggestions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111690] Re: Suggestions
  • From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 03:56:54 -0400 (EDT)

On 8/9/2010 5:12 AM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:
> Yes, that works. But it seems unnecessarily indirect. When I'm typing a
> text cell, I hate to interrupt the flow of thought by going to a
> different cell to create the fraction, then put it into the text cell.
>
> What might be better is a Format menu entry for changing the fraction
> size change.
>
> Actually, the problem is even worse than fractions: integral signs,
> summation signs, etc., whose height one should be able to change easily
> (without the kludge of selecting the characters and specifying a
> different point size -- which then gets messed-up when you print or
> change to a different screen environment, such as Presentation).

I habitually select the fraction or integral or whatever (Ctl-. is
helpful for selecting), then Alt-+ once or twice to enlarge it. I do
this so often I don't even think about it. It's all keyboard shortcuts,
and does not interrupt the flow of typing in a text cell.

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont