Re: remote kernel problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111685] Re: remote kernel problem
  • From: Cristobal Navarro <axischire at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 03:56:00 -0400 (EDT)

i tested what you suggested Nate,

instead of just puting "math" in the argument.
i put complete path

/usr/local/bin/math

but i get the same error when testing a 2+2 example.

if this is useful:
the arguments of MLOpen:
-LinkMode Listen
-LinkProtocol TCPIP
-LinkOptions MLDontInteract

the arguments of shell command to launch kernel
`java` -jar `mathssh` fcluster@agua /usr/local/bin/math -mathlink -LinkMode
Connect -LinkProtocol TCPIP -LinkName "`linkname`" -LinkHost `ipaddress`

fcluster is the account on the remote node which has hostname "agua".
my laptop uses another account, from what i know it is not necesary to have
the same username on both nodes right?