Re: Manipulate and ParametricPlot Control?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114365] Re: Manipulate and ParametricPlot Control?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 05:39:45 -0500 (EST)

In article <id4sf3$cbg$1 at smc.vnet.net>, AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
wrote:

> This is a "what did I do wrong" post?  It's related to the
> "re-virginating" thread I started recently, but quite separate (and I
> think genuinely puzzling).

OK, it's not so puzzling; sorry.  The cell

   Manipulate[ Plot[ x^a, {x,0,1} ], {a, {0,1}, 5 } ]

creates a Slider2D, and plots two independent curves, with no error
indications.

Not sure if this syntax is documented anywhere in the Manipulate or
Slider2D documentation, or is intended to be valid, but it appears to
work.