random numbers from multivariate distributions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114383] random numbers from multivariate distributions
  • From: vacuumenergy <uralfre at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 05:43:07 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
I want to extract a pair of random numbers (x,y) distributed according
to P(x,y).
Distribution P is not among those already implemented in Mathematica.
Using the command "ProbabilityDistribution" in Math8 I can define P as
a distribution,
but I cannot use command such as "RandomVariate" if P is not already
implemented.
Any suggestions?
best,
a.