Macro processing in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114376] Macro processing in Mathematica
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 05:41:49 -0500 (EST)

The idea of macros, is best known in the context of C/C++, however the
idea of writing elegant (and maintainable!) code which is changed into
something more efficient prior to execution, has a much wider appeal.

As part of my talk at the recent technology conference in Champaign,
about writing effienct Mathematica code, I introduced the idea of macro
processing in Mathematica. I have just updated my website to add a free
package that implements simple macro processing. Please contact me if
you have any questions or comments. My email address can be found at the
top of my website, embedded in an image to protect it from non-human access!

David Bailey

http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk