Re: How to evaluate the Laplacian of a function as a function?

Try using this

funcLap1[Xx_,Yy_]=Laplacian[func[Xx,Yy]]

I would use the equals rather than the delayed equals (:=)

Also, you can make your coordinates "nice" by doing a

SetCoordinates[Cartesian[x,y,z]]

beforehand. Then you can use x,y,z rather than Xx,Yy,Zz, which are the
matematica defaults.

Kevin