ODBC-connection error

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114553] ODBC-connection error
  • From: Andre Koppel <akoppel at akso.de>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 06:48:31 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

I have a problem using Mathamtica 8 (I think it's the same with 7) using
Windows 7 (64-Bit) and ODBC-connections.
I am using INFORMIX as a database for financial and judical
data-management.
On the PC I have installed both 64-Bit and 32-Bit ODBC-drivers for
Informix (there are two different drivers, that can be installed at the
same time, works fine using 32- or 64-Bittt applications). I also have
installed the JDBC-connector.
I have created two different data-sources (ODBC-DSN) one for 64-Bit
access and the other for 32-Bit access.
Using several other windows-applications there is no problem accessing
the database either by using the 32-Bit-DSN or the 64-Bit-DSN. The
standard-applications did not use the JDBC-connector, but do use
ODBC-DSN directly without any problem.
But nothing works using the JDBC-connector within Mathematica (W7/64).
Looks like some difficult problems within the JDBC-connector.
Before I have tried to access the database this way I have tried the
same using the same tools with Mathematica 7 (Home) on a
32-Bit-Vista-System (no problem).
Looks like 32-Bit-ODBC-Support is running quite well, but if everything
is running on a 64-Bit-System, neither the 32-Bit-ODBC-connector nor the
64-Bit version is working.
Is there anyone having the same problem?
Are there any other ways to connect to an ODBC-source?
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Andre