Re: CMake module for Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114531] Re: CMake module for Mathematica
  • From: Patrick Scheibe <pscheibe at trm.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 06:44:25 -0500 (EST)

Hi Sascha,

thank you very very much.

On my OSX it works from the start. On the WindowsXP Server where I
compile my stuff (for the windoze users) the package does not find a
Mathematica installation. It says

-- Mathematica search parameters changed, restart search ...
-- Could NOT find Mathematica_MathLink (missing:  Mathematica_MathLi
athematica_MathLink_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find Mathematica_WolframLibrary (missing:  Mathematica_
ry_LIBRARY Mathematica_WolframLibrary_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find Mathematica (missing:  Mathematica_ROOT_DIR Mathem
_EXECUTABLE Mathematica_FRONTEND_EXECUTABLE) (found version "8.0.0")=00

We don't have Mathematica installed at the usual location but I was curious why it
said (found version "8.0.0") and so I quickly scanned through your code and saw
that you, in the case of Windows, look for the registry key.

The registry-key is available

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wolfram Research\Installations\1803527

and the ExecutablePath points to the right location. When I set

SET(Mathematica_ROOT_DIR "D:/Program Files/Wolfram Research/Mathematica/8.0")
SET(Mathematica_HOST_ROOT_DIR "D:/Program Files/Wolfram Research/Mathematica/8.0")

everything is fine.

If you want to track this issue down, don't hesitate to contact me. I can
provide you further information or debug output.

Cheers
Patrick