Re: Finding local maxima in multidimensional array (efficiently)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114570] Re: Finding local maxima in multidimensional array (efficiently)
  • From: Julian Francis <julian.w.francis at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 06:40:37 -0500 (EST)

Dear Carl,

Thanks very much for your solution. I am getting somewhat different
timings than you have. You have lm working about ten times as fast as
localmaxima2, whereas on my machine I have lm about twice as fast as
localmaxima2. It would appear that you're machine is somewhat faster
than mine, but that doesn't explain the difference in the ratios of
the times for the two functions (I get 55 secs for localmaxima2 and 28
secs for lm).
I'm not sure what the reason for this is. My machine is a dual core
intel, and I am on Mathematica v7.

But thank you for the algorithm (apologies for late reply) but this is
an interesting approach, and I might adapt that for some other
problems I have. (My interests are machine vision).

Thanks,
Julian.