Re: download data from database

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107431] Re: download data from database
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 04:43:48 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

> I am new to this mathematica.
> I need to download some from a database (already existing)  using
> mathematica.
> The people on the database suggested that I should use JDBC drivers
> and mathematica and connect to Sql server  and then to database . and
> write a function to download the data from the database.

If _this_ mathematica is the same as the mathematica I use you could use
the package DatabaseLink which is enclosed in the newer versions. It
does access the databases with JDBC drivers under the hood, but you
don't necessarily need to be exposed to how these JDBC drivers work. I
think if you take an hour or two to read the documentation for
DatabaseLink you will have no problems to get data from a database into
mathematica.

hth,

albert