Re: How to calculate covariant derivative by Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg106816] Re: How to calculate covariant derivative by Mathematica?
- From: Peter Breitfeld <phbrf at t-online.de>
- Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 05:40:40 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Shen wrote: > I need to calculate covariant derivative by Mathematica. I noticed > that there is no such a function in Mathematica. Can we define such a > funcation? I don't know how to do it. Who can tell me how to define > and calculate covariant derivative with Mathematica? > I wrote a small package called brfART.m for calculations with tensors and GRT stuff. It has a function to calculate covariant derivatives. You may find it on <http://www.pbreitfeld.de/Download.html> There is an introduction brfART-Bsp.nb too on this site. Beware: Language is German. -- _________________________________________________________________ Peter Breitfeld, Bad Saulgau, Germany -- http://www.pBreitfeld.de