Re: A modified StyleSheet results in FontSize fluctuations in the pdf

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110672] Re: A modified StyleSheet results in FontSize fluctuations in the pdf
  • From: Larry Adelston <larrya at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:28:31 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Alexei,

I've filed a bug report with regard your FontSize issue in the
JournalArticle stylesheet. It will be fixed in version 8. In the
meantime you can try the following workaround:

1. Copy/Paste the following notebook expression into Mathematica:

Notebook[{Cell[
    StyleData[
     StyleDefinitions ->
      FrontEnd`FileName[{"Article"}, "JournalArticle.nb",
       CharacterEncoding -> "UTF-8"]]],
   Cell[CellGroupData[{Cell["Environment Styles", "Section"],
      Cell[StyleData[All, "Printout"], Magnification -> 1.]}, Open]],
   Cell[CellGroupData[{Cell["Styles for Input and Output Cells",
"Section"],
      Cell[
       CellGroupData[{Cell[StyleData["Input"]],
         Cell[StyleData["Input", "Printout"], FontSize -> 10]}, Open]],
      Cell[
       CellGroupData[{Cell[StyleData["InputOnly"]],
         Cell[StyleData["InputOnly", "Printout"], FontSize -> 10]},
Open]],
      Cell[
       CellGroupData[{Cell[StyleData["Code"]],
         Cell[StyleData["Code", "Printout"], FontSize -> 10]}, Open]],
      Cell[
       CellGroupData[{Cell[StyleData["Output"]],
         Cell[StyleData["Output", "Printout"], FontSize -> 10]},
Open]]},
     Open]]}, WindowSize -> {640, 722},
  WindowMargins -> {{256, Automatic}, {Automatic, 50}},
  FrontEndVersion -> "7.0 for Mac OS X PowerPC (32-bit) (February 18,
2009)",
  StyleDefinitions -> "PrivateStylesheetFormatting.nb"]

2. A dialog box will open asking if you want to interpret the text.
Click Yes.

3. A new stylesheet will appear. This is the stylesheet you will use
in place of JournalArticle. The new stylesheet refers to
JournalArticle, however. So I in order for the new stylesheet to work
correctly, your JournalArticle stylesheet should be unmodified.

4. Save the new stylesheet by either of the following 2 methods:
method 1:
a. Click "Install Stylesheet ..." which is a button that appears at
the top of the new stylesheet
b. In the Install dialog:
* set Type to Stylesheet,
* set Source to the name that appears on the stylesheets title bar
(e.g., Untitled-2)
* for Install Name type JournalArticleAlt
* for Default Installation Directory choose Your user Mathematica base
directory
* finally, click Finish twice. Note, Finish will appear grayed out
before your first click. It is still clickable.

method 2 (saving the stylesheet file):
a. To determine the correct location in which to save the stylesheet,
open a new notebook and evaluate:
FileNameJoin[{$UserBaseDirectory, "SystemFiles", "FrontEnd",
"StyleSheets"}]
b. Save the file by choosing File > Save
c. In the Save dialog box:
* type the name of the stylesheet file: JournalArticleAlt.nb
* select the directory location that was determined from your
evaluation.
* click the Save button
d. Restart Mathematica

5. You can apply the new stylesheet called "JournalArticleAlt" by
choosing Format > Stylesheet > JournalArticleAlt. Note, if
JournalArticleAlt is not an available selection, try restarting
Mathematica.

Yours,
Larry