Re: deploying a package in human-unreadable form
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg110964] Re: deploying a package in human-unreadable form
- From: magma <maderri2 at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 05:36:39 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Jul 12, 1:21 pm, Roman <rschm... at gmail.com> wrote: > Thanks to all! Indeed a combination of Locked, ReadProtected, and > Encode do the job. > Now the question is: as I work in academic scientific research, would > I get more bug reports and patch suggestions if I published my package > under the GPL instead of encoded? > Thanks for any advice you have on this topic! > Roman. Almost certainly! If your users can read your code they can: 1- make suggestions for improvement of your code or for new features 2- learn from you how to program in Mathematica and/or how to do something in your specific field/application 3- be inspired by your code and develop it further without you making much extra effort. By the way, what is your package all about?