Re: deploying a package in human-unreadable form

On Jul 12, 1:21 pm, Roman <rschm... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to all! Indeed a combination of Locked, ReadProtected, and
> Encode do the job.
> Now the question is: as I work in academic scientific research, would
> I get more bug reports and patch suggestions if I published my package
> under the GPL instead of encoded?
> Thanks for any advice you have on this topic!
> Roman.

Almost certainly! If your users can read your code they can:
1- make suggestions for improvement of your code or for new features
2- learn from you how to program in Mathematica and/or how to do something in
your specific field/application
3- be inspired by your code and develop it further without you making
much extra effort.

By the way, what is your package all about?