Re: total newbie

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111038] Re: total newbie
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 01:02:58 -0400 (EDT)

Shift-Enter or Enter on the numeric keypad, or the Enter button on the Basic
Math Assistant Calculator tab.

It really would be nice if the public thought enough of Mathematica that
young people were exposed to it early and didn't have to learn the basics in
the middle of some course dealing with substantial material.

Or maybe this is primarily about learning Mathematica.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: Michael Robinson [mailto:kellrobinson at yahoo.com]

I downloaded mathematica tonight so I can do an assignment.  I have to
modify a file our teacher posted on the class website, solve some equations
and generate a curve...
okay, this file ends in the extension nb.
I need to know how to make the commands in the file execute.

Now don't laugh.  I put the  cursor at the end of the line (for example a
ParametricPlot command) and hit enter.  I get a carriage return.

My problem is so elementary that the help menus don't even address it.