Re: A Question About Directive

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111236] Re: A Question About Directive
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 05:08:56 -0400 (EDT)

I remain unconvinced. As I said earlier, I don't think that the examples
I have seen do much more than replace the extra wiggly brackets, "{}",
with more keystrokes "Directive[]". I don't find it easier to read.

My original post was not to say that the examples you show are not
valid, I just wondered if the folks at Wolfram went to the trouble of
defining a new function for more than just that.

As far as Total goes, that is much more intuitive than Plus @@, but the
use of the word Directive, at least to me, is not intuitive and requires
that I look it up in the Help.

Kevin