Re: Linking my fortran subroutines with Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111302] Re: Linking my fortran subroutines with Mathematica
  • From: "Eduardo M. A. M.Mendes" <emammendes at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 04:15:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hi again

>yes, I'm pretty sure you can just use gfortran. It just wasn't
>available as osx-port on my mac at work here, so I used g95.

Great!

>And if your functions have multiple output parameter why don't
>you use a subroutine in fortran. When I understood this right, it's
>just like have pointers arguments in C and you set the value through
>adress. In your MathLink C function it would then be something like

>void mathlinkfunc(double input1, double intput2) {
>double out1, out2;
>fortransub_(&input1, &intput2, &out1, &out2);
>MLPutFunction(stdlink, "List", 2);
>MLPutReal(stdlink, out1);
>MLPutReal(stdlink, out2);
>}

I only use subroutines. The C-wrapper for another software does the job of
allocating (I cannot write the name of the software and if I do the
Moderator will go berserk) the variables (pointers in C).

Just to be sure, the above chunk of code goes where

> double multiply( double a, double b)
> {
>   return fortfunc_(&a, &b);
> }

is, isn't it? If not, where in you earlier example?

>You need to set the :ReturnType: of the template to Manual and it
>*should*
>work. But hey, you are the fortran-guy. Those were my first 5 lines of
>fortran,
>so please take this as a hint and not as a working sample.

Long time without coding in fortran.  I became lazy due to the extensive use
of another software.

Cheers

Ed