Re: Packages designed for use in player pro

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111345] Re: Packages designed for use in player pro
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 02:54:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> What is the correct syntax to use for a BeginPackage statement for a package
> which is to be deployed in player pro?
>
> For a standard package I use BeginPackage["toplevel`",
> {"anotherpackage`","anotherpackage2`", "lanotherpackage3`"}],
> which requires that the packages all be somewhere on the $Path variable, and
> be saved as *.m.  The problem I have is once they have been saved using
> Encode[], I am no longer able to load them with this syntax.

I don't understand what your problem is, I use this syntax all the time
and just have checked that it still works. Are you sure that everything
else is alright: are all files at the right place and are all encoded?
Note that $Path has a different value in Player Pro than in Mathematica,
so you most probably will need to install the files in a different
directory than for Mathematica...

hth,

albert