Setting PageSize and PaperSize

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110475] Setting PageSize and PaperSize
  • From: Robert Wright <mathematicauser1 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 03:45:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Math Group

Why does Mathematica not save the Paper Size option?

When I go through the sequence below I get the page and printing setup I want:

File
Printing Settings
Page Setup
Paper Size (set it to 11x17in)

I then save the Notebook, close it, and then open it again. Only now, the Notebook has the initial settings of 8.5x11in. ? I obviously want the Paper Size and Page Size to be set to the values I set previously in each notebook. Is the default styesheet over-writing my changes? Is there a way of preserving the changes?

I have tried SetOptions[ EvaluationNotebook[], opt1, opt2.....] and get the same behavior. My goal is to have the following setup:

PaperSize: 11x17in.
PageSize: 11x17in.
Margins: 0.25in all around
PrintRegistrationMarks: on (do I need to set the PageSize to less than the PaperSize to these?

Thanks
Robert