Trying to remove item from list of filenames

Hello,

I've been stumped on this for awhile.

I read in a list of filenames from a directory, using wildcards to capture
all the files I want to process. However, a few files make it into the list
that I don't want.  I these files have extra string of characters, that I
should be able to remove using a regular expression and the appropriate
Mathematica function.  Any thoughts?

Best Regards,

Chuck Koehler