Re: How to write reports and books in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109696] Re: How to write reports and books in Mathematica
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 07:34:08 -0400 (EDT)

On 5/11/10 at 6:28 AM, partensky at gmail.com (michael partensky) wrote:

>I agree with Alexei. This is the most disappointing part in using M.
>for teaching and publishing. Is there a bulletproof way for
>protecting the nb files from corruption?

No, there is no bulletproof way of protecting files from
corruption from any application on modern computer systems.
Power interruptions or other system glitches can corrupt files
totally independent of the app that created them whether open or
not at the time of the event. Since any file is an arbitrary
sequence of bytes, there is no obvious way to examine a
particular file short of opening it in the app that created it
to determine if the file is corrupt.