Re: Mathematica "Fresh Start" on a new computer?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112835] Re: Mathematica "Fresh Start" on a new computer?
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 05:46:19 -0400 (EDT)

1) Removing the app is easy.  If you really want to get rid of all supporting
files, too, then you'll have to do it manually.

2) Not including documents and any other files you may have created, you can
find supporting files in these locations:

* The Mathematica.app itself
* $UserBaseDirectory of any account which has used Mathematica
* $BaseDirectory (/Library/Mathematica)
* Mathematica may have also installed the Wolfram Notebook Indexer to be used by
Spotlight.  This is available as a free download, so you wouldn't be infringing
any license if it's still there, and I'm not immediately certain how to
uninstall it.

3) Depending upon exactly how you're licensed, you may have to contact Wolfram
Research to do the system transfer.  There's no special
deauthorization/authorization, but you do have to make sure you have a password
which works on the new system, which is related to the request for a system
transfer.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com