serislIO documentation

Hello.
I am trying to use serialIO package

http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/5726/

however the only reference as  documentation I could found was from this talk

Interfacing Hardware with Mathematica
http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/6380/

I need some more information, examples for the serialIO.

How about the Jlink. Did anybody ever successfully was able to implement
the Jlink way for the communication with the serial port. I could not find
any solution googeling around.

thanks