Re: Help with Solve

On Sep 9, 3:23 am, Eduardo  Cavazos <wayo.cava... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's a couple of equations:
>
> eq1 = n*Sin[x] == (m*v^2)/r;
> eq2 = n*Cos[x] == m*g;
>
> The goal is to solve for 'x'.
>
> I can do this in a roundabout way via:
>
>     Solve[eq1 /. Solve[eq2, n], x]

I should point out that the answer that I get from using Solve this
way is:

    {{x -> ArcTan[v^2/(g r)]}}

which is form the answer I'm looking for. :-) Again, I'm just
wondering if Mathematica can do the work for me, instead of having to
manually eliminate 'n' in a separate step.

Sjoerd and Bob recommended using Reduce. Thanks for the tip! I tried
to use Reduce but the results it produced were not in the above form.

Ed