Re: Animation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112648] Re: Animation
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 04:11:10 -0400 (EDT)

Use Take instead of Part

place = {{10, 4}, {10, 7},
   {10, 5}, {9, 7}};

Manipulate[Graphics[{
   PointSize -> Large,
   Point[Take[place, i]]},
  Frame -> True,
  PlotRange -> {{1, 10}, {1, 10}}],
 {i, 1, Length[place], 1,
  Appearance -> "Labeled"}]

Bob Hanlon

---- "King wrote:

=============
I have a table of coordinates eg place={{10, 4}, {10, 7}, {10, 5}, {9, 7}}

I want to make an animation of these points which adds them successively. so the following almost works (NB I know that ListAnimate would work as well and is possibly preferable)

Manipulate[
 Graphics[{PointSize -> Large, Point[place[[i]]]}, Frame -> True,
  PlotRange -> {{1, 10}, {1, 10}}], {i, 1, 4, 1}]

in that it displays the points successively. bu what I want is for the preceding points to be left visible (so the number of points grows). Needless to say the above is a trivial example, in practice I could have 10s of thousands of points and so want to be careful not to create very large arrays.

Thanks