Re: What are the issues with Wolfram demonstration site these days?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118127] Re: What are the issues with Wolfram demonstration site these days?
  • From: telefunkenvf14 <rgorka at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 05:54:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Apr 12, 4:57 am, "Nasser M. Abbasi" <n... at 12000.org> wrote:
> I must be the only one having problems running/using Wolfram
> demonstration web site?
>
> Many of the demos hangs and do not start. The page
> starts says "Loading Computable Document...." and
> I wait and wait and nothing happens.
>
> And Many says "File could not be loaded, try refreshing
> the page"
>
> screen shot:http://12000.org/tmp/april_11_2011/error.png
>
> I am using V 8.0.0.1, on windows 7, 64 bit OS,
> intel hardware.
>
> It is no longer fun to go the demo pages, since it
> is a hit and miss which demo will load and run. Now I tried
> 10 demos, and only one started up.
>
> Are others seeing the same problems?
>
> --Nasser

I tried the example demonstration without issue. (W7, Mathematica v8.0.1,
using Chrome)

What browser were you using? If you ever encounter repeated errors
again, it would be interesting to (1) try clearing your cache/history
and verify all Mathematica processes are killed, then restart your browser and
try to access the demonstration; (2) verify all Mathematica-related processes
are killed and then try a different browser; (3) if (1) and (2) fail
you might also try disabling antivirus and/or restarting your DSL or
Cable router and network.

For what it's worth, the only times I've really had trouble with the
new CDF-based Demonstrations Project have been cases involving either
*very* complicated demonstrations or where an old demonstration seemed
to be conflicting with the new v8 release.

-RG