MathGroup Archive 2011

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Re: CDF browser plugin and Wolfram library archive

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118134] Re: CDF browser plugin and Wolfram library archive
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 05:55:39 -0400 (EDT)

While having the downloaded notebook open, go to Format > Option Inspector.  .., choose Selected Notebook in the
left-nost drop down menu, and set Notebook Options > File Options > Saveable to true.

You can also do it programmatically by evaluating

SetOptions[SelectedNotebook[], Saveable -> True]

within the downloaded demonstration. Or if you want to change this option for several notebooks in one go you
could open them all up and do something like

SetOptions[#, Saveable -> True] & /@ Notebooks[]

Heike.

>
> One other hope is that WRI might make downloading Demonstrations source code for the Mathematica user a simpler process. The downloaded source notebook cannot be Saved or Saved As on my system. I have to copy from the downloaded source file and paste to a New Notebook several sets of expressions individually to get an Editable/Savable version which includes the citation and reference material for future attribution purposes. I thought one of the important benefits WRI advertises for the Demonstrations Project was pedagogic. As such the current process for getting source code for a demonstration to experiment with and use as a learning tool is far from easy.
>
> If anyone has a more streamlined way of accomplishing this I would be very glad to try it.
>
>
> Cheers .... Syd
>
> Syd Geraghty B.Sc, M.Sc.
>
> sydgeraghty at mac.com
>
> Mathematica 8.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) (February 23, 2011)
> ReleaseID:    8.0.1.0 (2063982, 2063639)
> MacOS X V 10.6.7 Snow Leopard
> MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo  2GB RAM
>

• Prev by Date: Re: What are the issues with Wolfram demonstration site these days?
  • Next by Date: Re: What are the issues with Wolfram demonstration site these days?
  • Previous by thread: Re: CDF browser plugin and Wolfram library archive
  • Next by thread: Something that FullSimplify knows but Reduce does not ?