Defining /@-like operator

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118228] Defining /@-like operator
  • From: István Zachar <zac at freemail.hu>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 07:53:08 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Group,

I would like to define a new operator of the form "x /==> y", where
the operator "/==>" is treated as e.g. the "/@" operator of Map, and
is translated to MyFunction[x, y]. There is one important aspect: I
want the resulting operator to behave in the frontend like any two-bit
operator does, that is, the two characters (a Divide and a
DoubleLongRightArrow) should be connected together, no syntax
coloration should appear, and they are to be selected together when
clicked, so precedence must be set. Also, I'd rather avoid using the
Notation package.
As a result, I'd like to see somehting like this:

In[11]:= FullForm[x/\[DoubleLongRightArrow]y]

Out[11]//FullForm= MyFunction[x,y]

Does anyone have an idea how to achieve this?
Istvan