Re: Workbench not updated for version 8?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120790] Re: Workbench not updated for version 8?
  • From: Patrick Scheibe <pscheibe at trm.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 06:46:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

the version of Mathematica which is started from within Workbench
depends on you settings, not on
the Workbench version. Go to Preferences->Mathematica and adjust the
"Mathematica Installations"
setting.

To write documentation you have to have a pacletInfo.m in your project.
When you create a new
application project with the Workbench, you can toggle that you want a
PacletInfo and documentation
in your project.

The rest is straight forward. Open the pacletInfo in Workbench and
navigate to the "Documentation"-tab.

Hope this gives you a start.

Cheers
Patrick

On Aug 9, 2011, at 1:21 PM, McHale, Paul wrote:

> When I launch Workbench and start a Notebook, it launches
Mathematica7.  The documentation with Workbench matches Mathematica7 as
well.  There is no documentation palette with Mathematica 8.  Will
Workbench be updated for Mathematica 8?

> I want to write help pages and tutorials that I can access through the
help system.  Maybe Workbench isn't the proper way to go.  Extending
Mathematica with user code and having it blend with Mathematica's native
stuff is a bit of a trick.  Anyone know a good source of documentation
if I am going to skip workbench?

> Thanks,
> Paul
>

> Paul McHale  |  Electrical Engineer, Energetics Systems  |  Excelitas
Technologies Corp.

> Phone:   +1 937.865.3004   |   Fax:  +1 937.865.5170   |   Mobile:
+1 937.371.2828
> 1100 Vanguard Blvd, Miamisburg, Ohio 45342-0312 USA
> Paul.McHale at Excelitas.com<mailto:Paul.McHale at perkinelmer.com>
> www.excelitas.com<http://www.excelitas.com>
>
> [cid:image001.png at 01CB9136.E3D96D90]

> This email message and any attachments are confidential and
proprietary to Excelitas Technologies Corp. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, please inform the sender by replying to this
email or sending a message to the sender and destroy the message and any
attachments.