Re: "Need tutor" scam on newsgroup?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123650] Re: "Need tutor" scam on newsgroup?
  • From: "Oleksandr Rasputinov" <oleksandr_rasputinov at hmamail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 06:02:06 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 10:53:43 -0000, Chris Young <cy56 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Just after posting something in reply to
>
>> 	From:	=E9=81=93 =E5=8E=9A <shlwell1988 at gmail.com>
>> 	Newsgroups:	comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica
>> 	Subject:	Complex diagram
>> 	Date:	Wed, 7 Dec 2011 11:22:32 +0000 (UTC)
>>
>> Can we draw complex funtions's diagram in Mathematica?
>>
>> For example, draw the picture of z=2*x+I*3*y
>
> I got a request for a tutor that relied on the old
> I-send-you-check-with-extra-and-you-send-difference scam.

Not surprising, considering that the messages posted to this list are
archived in many places across the Internet (Wolfram's site, Google
Groups, and MathKB to name three that I can think of immediately) complete
with e-mail addresses. You would be well advised to use an e-mail account
where you're not concerned about receiving spam, or at least a good spam
filter. I doubt that your receipt of this message has anything to do with
your reply to D=C3 oj=C3=B9.