Re: Anyone know of a book on Mathematica suitable for 16-18year old?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116132] Re: Anyone know of a book on Mathematica suitable for 16-18year old?
  • From: John Jowett <John.M.Jowett at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 05:28:49 -0500 (EST)

I agree that the out-of-print book by Gray and Glynn was great.  I wish they would bring out a new edition!

Shaw and Tigg was nice, in a cookbook sort of way, in its time but seems a bit dated now. I wouldn't especially recommend it for this purpose.

It would be interesting to hear views about newer books' suitability for younger students.

John