phase portraits

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116151] phase portraits
  • From: "J and B" <noslowski at comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 05:32:32 -0500 (EST)

I am trying to find examples where Mathematica is used to study dynamic
equations through the use of phase portraits, including their respective
points: equilibrium, stability, attractors, bifurcations and so on.

Does any one have any work on this subject that he/she would mind sharing?
I had many courses in this field in graduate school in the early 70's, and
now I am trying to get a handle on them again.  Back then I was using
Fortran.   Things have changed a lot.

Thanks