Re: How to change the directory for the docs?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg115202] Re: How to change the directory for the docs?
- From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 04:25:10 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 03/01/2011 08:57, kj wrote: > In<ifpk99$bso$1 at smc.vnet.net> David Bailey<dave at removedbailey.co.uk> writes: > >> It might help to explain why you want to do this. There is probably an >> easier way to achieve whatever it is you want to do. > > Well, if you want to know, I've copied all the Mathematica > documentation notebooks to a personal directory, so that I can > modify them at will. The ultimate goal is to supplement these > notebooks with important information that they lack, and to fix > factual errors in them. I want all the built-in Mathematica help > facilities to point to these annotated notebooks rather than to > the "official" ones. > > ~kj > My approach would be to copy the whole documentation directory to a secure backup, then open one of the files explicitly - I.E. not using the help system - edit it, and save it using the "save as" menu item (because these notebooks have Saveable->False) and then copy the result over the original. David Bailey http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk