Making a table with unlinked sliders

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115619] Making a table with unlinked sliders
  • From: Just A Stranger <forpeopleidontknow at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 05:55:31 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why this code doesn't work. I'm
trying to make a list of sliders, each of which controls a different
variable x_i (where i is an indice in a 1D table).

I thought the code below would work, but it turns out it only half works. It
makes a list of sliders, but for some reason that I can't discern, all of
those sliders are linked (they all move together). I can't figure out why
this is. (Maybe it has to do with the subtle issues that arise from Dynamic
working in the front-end? )

In[0]: Set[#, 0] & /@ Table[Subscript[x, j], {j, 0, 10}];
        Table[Slider[Dynamic[Subscript[x, j]]], {j, 1, 10}];