Re: Making a table with unlinked sliders

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg115631] Re: Making a table with unlinked sliders
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 05:36:46 -0500 (EST)

   Table[x[j], {j, 10}], Spacings -> 1.3]],
  Sequence @@
    {{x[j], RandomInteger[{0, 10}]}, 0, 10, 1,
     Appearance -> "Labeled"},
    {j, 10}]]]

Bob Hanlon

---- Just A Stranger <forpeopleidontknow at> wrote:

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why this code doesn't work. I'm
trying to make a list of sliders, each of which controls a different
variable x_i (where i is an indice in a 1D table).

I thought the code below would work, but it turns out it only half works. It
makes a list of sliders, but for some reason that I can't discern, all of
those sliders are linked (they all move together). I can't figure out why
this is. (Maybe it has to do with the subtle issues that arise from Dynamic
working in the front-end? )

In[0]: Set[#, 0] & /@ Table[Subscript[x, j], {j, 0, 10}];
        Table[Slider[Dynamic[Subscript[x, j]]], {j, 1, 10}];