Re: adding a keyboard shortcut for double brackets

Hi Paul,

It looks good, but doesn't work for me. Nothing happens. Are you sure
BTW that the last keyname should be "Command" instead of Alt? Sounds
mac-speek to me.

Cheers -- Sjoerd

On Jan 22, 9:20 am, gl... at flashmail.com wrote:
> Hello Barrie,
>
> What you want is not difficult.  Since you will modify a system file,
> make a back-up copy.
>
> Open the
> file:
> ($InstallationDirectory)\SystemFiles\FrontEnd\TextResources\Windows\KeyEv=
entTranslations.tr

> Modify it to read:
> .
> .
> .
> EventTranslations[{
>
> (* User-added keyboard commands *)
>          Item[KeyEvent["[", Modifiers -> {Control}],
>                  FrontEndExecute[{
>                          FrontEnd`NotebookWrite=
[FrontEnd`InputNotebook[],
>                                  "\[Lef=
tDoubleBracket]", After]
>                  }]],
>          Item[KeyEvent["]", Modifiers -> {Control}],
>                  FrontEndExecute[{
>                          FrontEnd`NotebookWrite=
[FrontEnd`InputNotebook[],
>                                  "\[Rig=
htDoubleBracket]", After]
>                  }]],
>          Item[KeyEvent["]", Modifiers -> {Control, Command}],
>                  FrontEndExecute[{
>                          FrontEnd`NotebookWrite=
[FrontEnd`InputNotebook[],
>                                  "\[Lef=