Vector problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115895] Vector problem
  • From: Mark Perrin <m.perrin at me.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 04:19:45 -0500 (EST)

I'm having trouble formulating a problem in Mathematica.

If I have two 2D vectors, u and v that are the known projections of a third unknown 2D vector z, how do I determine z?

My word problem (I think) is find the solution to: Projection[z,u] == u && Projection [z,v] == v

Any help in starting this problem would be much appreciated.