Re: adding a keyboard shortcut for double brackets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115905] Re: adding a keyboard shortcut for double brackets
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 04:21:38 -0500 (EST)

On 23/01/2011 22:32, fizzy wrote:
> This question prompted me to look at Classrom Assistant...i'd been curious for a while what I could get from this palette...I sent a reply the other day about it but it turned out to be incomplete...
>
> actually CA has a double left/right bracket icon....under Typsetting and the very first folder you can find a double bracket button there...
>
> jerry blimbaum

An interesting alternative, is to create a new menu item, by editing
MUNUSETUP.TR (after backing it up!). Menu items can be set up with
nmemonic (such as the standard Alt-FO to open a file). A menu needs
slightly more keyboard characters, but you can always find the added
menu items by exploring the Mathematica menu. You can add your own Item
structure, such as:

Item["&Something",FrontEndExecute[someCommand[]], MenuEvaluator->Automatic]

The someCommand can contain any Mathematica operations, such as
NotebookWrite[InputNotebook[],"[[]]"
];SelectionMove[InputNotebook[],Before,Character,2]

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk