loops in mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg116040] loops in mathematica
  • From: Isabella Blengini <isableng at>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 19:43:35 -0500 (EST)

I have a problem with a loop that I would like to write in Mathematica.

I have a function sigma that changes with i.
and I have a function alpha that changes with sigma.

Imagining that i goes from 1 to 100, in another system I would write something like:

for i=1:100;

    sigma(i,1)=some function of i;

for i=1:100;

    alpha(i,1)=some function of sigma(i,1);