A GUI Builder for Mathematica, or best existing solution..

I would like to construct reasonably complex GUIs using Mathematica
functionality and would like to do so using a visual WYSIWYG editor
for some portions (a GUI for GUIs). I have in mind something like the
visual editor present in NetBeans or for C# in Visual Studio. I have
no problem writing the more intricate parts of the code myself, but
would like to avoid writing lower-level details such as 'text label
goes here, with width X and length Y', etc.

I suppose I could write GUI code in NetBeans and paste this into
Mathematica, but I am hoping that there is a more elegant solution
available.

Thank you very much.