Stacked fractions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120076] Stacked fractions
  • From: paulvonhippel at yahoo <paulvonhippel at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 07:34:21 -0400 (EDT)

Another question, along the same lines. Some of the solutions
Mathematica gives me include compound fractions of the form ((A/B)-C)/
D. Again it seems to me most authors would rewrite this as a simpler
fraction -- can I get Mathematica to do the same?

Where these questions are coming from: Mathematica is now compatible
with Word's equation editor, so it's become more desirable for
Mathematica's output to look close to what's conventional in a paper.